February 15, 2010

Quite the exciting day!

Two things happened today that have me excited about the future:)

A) I was notified that a package was delivered to Forest Park with my name on it from Fuller and it read on the outside, DO NOT BEND.  Know what it is?  Let me give you a hint...it cost me around $60k to get this thing. Das right it's my Master's degree!  An insert read, you may now update your resume with your new degree and title.  So does that mean I can now call myself Master Long?

B) I think I may have put in motion the biggest spending plan ever to just see a concert.  My fav band of all time, The Juliana Theory, who broke up in 2006 (it seriously darkened the first year of seminary for me) is putting on a 6-show reunion/farewell tour this summer.  I saw they were going to NY and Pittsburgh, so I naturally tried to get lodging arrangements through friends but the tix sold out before I could do so.

I wasn't planning on going to Chicago or Philly so the other options were San Fran and LA.  One of my friends AND die hard TJT fans lives about an hour from there, so I called him up! He was stoked about the tour but he was also going to be in Iran (of all places) in August.  So that left LA, which should've been a natural pick anyway since I have so many friends from Fuller still there.  So I bought the tickets today (yes, I'm gonna treat someone to the show, don't know who yet though) and I'll buy the plane tickets next week.  This'll be about a $500 trip ($75 for the concert, 325 for the airfare and about 100 in spending money) just for a concert.

And, no, I think it's fine! Of course, it mortgages my flexibility for, say, a month and a half but hey, it's an experience I'll never get to do again and I'm single so I'M GONNA DO IT!!!  FO SHO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually flying to New York from England to see at least 3 of the shows. Remember to take a tonne of pictures!

    ReplyDelete